On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM, torcaz99 <torcaz99@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello:

I'm using ApacheDS as a repository. But I want to chain some searches to
Active Directory.
Example:
Quote:
- domain.com --> Entities stored in ApacheDS.
- ad.red -- > Entities stored in Active Directory.
What I try is to use ApacheDS as a front-end that solves queries of
domain.com and ad.red (chaining).

Right now this capability is not something readily present in ApacheDS. You would have to create a partition that delegates the search to MS AD and returns the results to the client conducting the search against ApacheDS. The partition exposes the MS AD entries via ApacheDS.

- Can any tell me how can be configured ApacheDs for this (don't need secure
connections with ldaps).
And a second question:
- Can any tell me how to pass authentication from ApacheDS to Active
Directory using users/password and/or kerberos?

There was some work done in the past for password delegation. A fellow named Antoine worked on this a while back:

    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-dev/201012.mbox/%3C4D01171B.1070808@gmx.de%3E

An example would be appreciated.

Thanks