directory-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Gariboldi <andrea.garibo...@plurimedia.it>
Subject Re: Is possible to configure ApacheDS as a proxy to rdbms?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 13:27:31 GMT
Hi,
  actually there is an implementation of the Partition interface for Oracle
(here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1345),
and it enables to "store" ldap entries for that partition (e.g. users.red)
into an Oracle Database
schema. Once you get that schema you can load the predefined tables with
your entries via PL/SQL.

If instead you would like to query your business tables on ldap searches
you probably need to create your
own Partition implementation.
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/61-how-to-write-a-simple-custom-partition-for-apacheds.html

Those links are about version 1.5 of Apache DS.

Andrea