directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chaing ApacheDS to Active Directory
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:29:10 GMT
On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM, torcaz99 <torcaz99@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm using ApacheDS as a repository. But I want to chain some searches to
> Active Directory.
> Example:
> Quote:
> - domain.com --> Entities stored in ApacheDS.
> - ad.red -- > Entities stored in Active Directory.
> What I try is to use ApacheDS as a front-end that solves queries of
> domain.com and ad.red (chaining).

Right now this capability is not something readily present in ApacheDS. You
would have to create a partition that delegates the search to MS AD and
returns the results to the client conducting the search against ApacheDS.
The partition exposes the MS AD entries via ApacheDS.

> - Can any tell me how can be configured ApacheDs for this (don't need
> secure
> connections with ldaps).
> And a second question:
> - Can any tell me how to pass authentication from ApacheDS to Active
> Directory using users/password and/or kerberos?

There was some work done in the past for password delegation. A fellow
named Antoine worked on this a while back:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-dev/201012.mbox/%3C4D01171B.1070808@gmx.de%3E