On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.gezer@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know, it config and schema partitions of one server node can be candidate for replication? If replication of some ApacheDS instance will also clone its config and schema partition, we have a little problem because of the randomly assigned OIDs to component factories. So lets say ApacheDS1 and ApacheDS2 both have same set of interceptors, because of the nature of OSGI those can be introduced in different order in two different server node which results in schema partitions having different OID assignments for same components across 2 server node.

Right now I would not worry about replication. You can solve this problem later. Just focus on your part functioning properly. This will be a problem we will need to solve anyway. Plus replication is not really there in a dependable way.

This is something we've postponed to discuss later,

Exactly what I started writing above.

it's not a concern for single server but in replication scenario i'd like to know how this effects consistency between distinct server nodes. I'm not so sure what is being replicated in our implementation, some partition or entire server with all of its runtime components and configuration?

Eventually the replication mechanism will need to support partial and fractional replication. It's way over simplified and does not have the control structures for us to properly configure it in a fine grained manner.

This will need to change of course but I'd really like to review replication after we finish with the Txn stuff because then it will make internal replication handling much clearer for us then.

Does this make sense?

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex