directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about Replication of Config Partition and Schema Partition
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:54:46 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know, it config and schema partitions of one server node
can be candidate for replication? If replication of some ApacheDS instance
will also clone its config and schema partition, we have a little problem
because of the randomly assigned OIDs to component factories. So lets say
ApacheDS1 and ApacheDS2 both have same set of interceptors, because of the
nature of OSGI those can be introduced in different order in two different
server node which results in schema partitions having different
OID assignments for same components across 2 server node.

This is something we've postponed to discuss later, it's not a concern for
single server but in replication scenario i'd like to know how this effects
consistency between distinct server nodes. I'm not so sure what is being
replicated in our implementation, some partition or entire server with all
of its runtime components and configuration?

Thanks,
Gokturk