directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Replication of Config Partition and Schema Partition
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:37:14 GMT
Le 7/10/12 12:54 PM, Göktürk Gezer a écrit :
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I would like to know, it config and schema partitions of one server node
> can be candidate for replication?
Yes.
> If replication of some ApacheDS instance
> will also clone its config and schema partition, we have a little problem
> because of the randomly assigned OIDs to component factories. So lets say
> ApacheDS1 and ApacheDS2 both have same set of interceptors, because of the
> nature of OSGI those can be introduced in different order in two different
> server node which results in schema partitions having different
> OID assignments for same components across 2 server node.
We should not affect random OID to components. An OID should identify a
unique object, so if you have some instance of this object on many
instances of the server, then they should always have the same OID.

> This is something we've postponed to discuss later, it's not a concern for
> single server but in replication scenario i'd like to know how this effects
> consistency between distinct server nodes. I'm not so sure what is being
> replicated in our implementation, some partition or entire server with all
> of its runtime components and configuration?
Depends. Replication is supposed to be configurable. You can replicate
only part of the data, it's up to the administrator to tell what should
be replicated, or not.

In the standard scenario, the configuration and schema should be
replicated, that's pretty mandatory.
Does it help ?

--
Regards,