directory-dev mailing list archives

From rJassal <jassal.ravinder...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheDS - DIGEST-MD5 - INVALID_CREDENTIALS: DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire password
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 07:06:42 GMT

Hi,

I am working with ApacheDS 2.0.0-M7 release and trying to connect using
DIGEST-MD5 mechanism using the below code.

        Hashtable env = new Hashtable();

"com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://ldap.example.com:10389");

        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "mborn");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "DIGEST-MD5");
        env.put( "java.naming.security.sasl.realm", "example.com" );

        InitialDirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);

But I am getting this error 'INVALID_CREDENTIALS: DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire
password'.

Can anyone please help me in this?
Am I doing something wrong in the code or do I need to make some
configuration changes in ApacheDS?