directory-dev mailing list archives

From rJassal <>
Subject ApacheDS - DIGEST-MD5 - INVALID_CREDENTIALS: DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire password
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 07:06:42 GMT

I am working with ApacheDS 2.0.0-M7 release and trying to connect using
DIGEST-MD5 mechanism using the below code.

        Hashtable env = new Hashtable();

        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://");

        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "mborn");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "DIGEST-MD5");
        env.put( "", "" );

        InitialDirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);

But I am getting this error 'INVALID_CREDENTIALS: DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire

Can anyone please help me in this?
Am I doing something wrong in the code or do I need to make some
configuration changes in ApacheDS?
Sent from the Apache Directory Project mailing list archive at

View raw message