directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject LdapOperation timeout issue.
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:18:32 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have a little question with probably quick answers:

* Lets assume LdapServer is issuing some operation through
DirService.OperationManager. If i change the code in OperationManager to
obtain a Lock of target Partition which is exclusively owned by other
thread which is destroying the Partition. What happens then?

  -> Does ConcurrentReadWriteLock has some method to cause exception to be
thrown in Readers. I mean can i issue some kind of Abort on all waiting
readers when i'm actually destroying its attached object. (Yeah i'm Java
noob ATM :) )
  -> If this is not possible, does LdapServer's current threading model
ends the issued operation due to timeout or it just sits there(which would
be bad)?

Regards,
Gokturk