Hi Aleksander,

On 8 mai 2012, at 23:26, Aleksander Adamowski wrote:
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
I looked at your workarounds for some of the issues. It's obvious from
your knowledge and how you solved the padata issue that you're more
than competent with our code base as well as LDAP & Kerberos
protocols. I highly advise contributing to the project here to make
your KrbLDAP protocol more accessible here at Apache Directory.

That would be great.
However, I cannot guarantee any concrete degree of involvement on my
part as I have a day job and a family to take care of :)

This is not an issue at all. Most people within the Apache Software Foundation are volunteers and only a few are paid by their employers to work on the projects.
This isn't an obligation, but mostly for fun. :)

How do I sign up for an SVN account?

Actually, there's no sign up per se.

The Apache Software Foundation is based on "Meritocracy" and project members elect new candidates.
There are more information available here [1] and there [2].

The recommended way for you is to propose your modifications on our issue tracking system [3].

And BTW, are there plans to migrate from SVN to Git? That would
simplify some things a lotů

A few projects at the ASF are currently experimenting Git.
It isn't widely available yet, but I guess it's just a matter of months now.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://apache.org/foundation/faq.html#joining
[2] - http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html