directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release troubles and failing tests
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 10:20:11 GMT
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to get ADS 2.0.0-M7 release done today, but I'm having hard
> time... Appart a bug in maven release plugin (mvn release:rollback does not
> remove the tags, which leads to some very tricky issues with the rat
> plugin...), we stll have some random failures in server-integ and
> client-api-tests.
>
> Those failures are well known : timeout in the LRUCache, most certainly due
> to some cursors not being closed.

One way in which we can approach this for the sake of debugging for
unclosed cursors is to use bytecode splicing just for testing purposes
(not for production or normal development use).

If we use something like aspectj to add logging statements to cursor
operations and regions of the code where operations occur we can run
your tests and then do the accounting on the log output. We should be
able to find mismatched opened/closed cursors this way.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex