directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release troubles and failing tests
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 07:58:21 GMT
Le 5/10/12 7:57 AM, Selcuk AYA a écrit :
> The problem seems to be caused by the test
> testPagedSearchWrongCookie(). This tests failure in pages search by
> sending a bad cookie. After failing, it relies on ctx.close() to
> cleanup the session. Cleanup of the session will close all the cursors
> related to paged searches through the session.
>
> It seems that somehow ctx.close does not result in an unbind message
> at the server side time to time. I do not know what causes this but
> this leaves a cursor open(specifically a NoDups cursor on rdn index).
> Eventually as changes happen to the Rdn index, we run out of freeable
> cache headers. After ignoring this test, pagedsearchit and searchit
> pass fine together. It would be good to understand why arrival of
> unbind message is a hit and miss case in this test.

It's absolutly strange... Neither an UnbindRequest nor an AbandonRequest
is sent by JNDI when closing the context, which is a huge bug.

I have checked the other tests, and an Ubind request is always sent when
we close teh context, except when we get an UnwillingToPerform exception.
It seems like the context is in a state where it considers that no
unbind should be send after an exception. Although I can do a lookup
(and get back the correct response from the server after this excption),
the connection is still borked :/

I'll try to rewite the test using our API to see if it works better, and
investigate with som Sun guys to see if there is an issue in JNDI.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,