directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about JDBM key/value replacement
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 08:22:24 GMT
Le 5/7/12 10:01 AM, Selcuk AYA a écrit :
> What I understood from our original email exchange was that
> serializing updates on this auxiliary information was necessary for
> the correctness of the server. But it seems these values are used by
> the optimizer to decide which execution path to choose, so I dont
> think serialization is necessary and maintaining these values
> approximately is probably good enough. So I think we dont have a
> problem.
As soon as we can rebuild the DN wile fetching the entries during a
search, even if the RDN index is changed in the middle of the search,
then we are fine. The only thing is that the user should get back *all*
the entries that were selected when the search was sent. Thet means we
should not return a modified DN.

Does it make sense, or you need a bit more context ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,