directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Release troubles and failing tests
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 10:15:26 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get ADS 2.0.0-M7 release done today, but I'm having hard
time... Appart a bug in maven release plugin (mvn release:rollback does
not remove the tags, which leads to some very tricky issues with the rat
plugin...), we stll have some random failures in server-integ and
client-api-tests.

Those failures are well known : timeout in the LRUCache, most certainly
due to some cursors not being closed.

Despite the 3 days I spent 2 weeks ago trying to get all the cursors
closed, we may have a few that are still opened. We definitively need to
work something that detects the cursor openng/closing, and inform us
when we have unpaired opened cursors (see the discussion we have had 2
weeks ago).
Or we may have a bug in the way we manage the cache, but my bet is on
cursor not being carefully closed.

Anyway. The server is working, and the problem occurs because we run
concurrent tests with a lot of borderline usecases.

I wish I will be able to get the release done today...

thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,