directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inex branch merged into trunk...
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 10:15:38 GMT
Hi,

for the fun, I did a perf test against 1.5.0 to see how this 5 years old
version was holding the load...

o Object scope search (lookup) : 32 993/s
o One Level scope search (5 entries returned) : 156 935/s
o Sub Level scope search (11 entries returned ) : 137 225/s

So the latest version is faster when it comes to process the initial search request, but way
slower when it comes to deliver entries...

There are reasons why 2.0.0 trunk is slower :
- we don't store the name in the Entry, so we have to rebuild it, which is a costly operation
- in 1.5.0, we don't clone the entry, we create a new one, and we inject into it the ATs which
have been selected... Sounds like what I'm proposing to do :)
- 1.5.0 was not schema aware, so a lot less checks are done
- the backend is way mor ecomplex in 2.0.0

I'm confident we can double the current performances on 2.0.0, it's just a matter to do that
in the right timing...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,