directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inex branch merged into trunk...
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 13:44:04 GMT
Le 5/2/12 3:21 PM, Alex Karasulu a écrit :
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Le 5/2/12 12:33 PM, Alex Karasulu a écrit :
>>
>>> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>**
>>> wrote:

>>> matters making it happen automatically behind the scenes. This does not
>>> affect the surrounding code.
>>>
>>> How is this proposal now different? Why would you not use a wrapper?
>>>
>> Because the wrapper is useless in this case !
>>
>> The beauty of the solution is that we either create a new entry with all
>> the requested AT and values, accordingly to the filters (if the user embeds
>> the server), or if this is a network request, we directly generates the
>> encoded message without having to create the intermediate entry at all !
>>

> I don't know how you'll pull that off considering that the interceptors
> which cause side effects are expecting an entry to alter or from which to
> read information from to do their thang.
>
> This is why I'm a bit confused. Maybe its a matter of description and the
> language where I'm failing to understand.
Probably...

Just forgot to mention that the filters have to be modified : they won't
take an Entry as a parameter, but an Attribute, and the accept(
Attribute ) method will just return something telling if the Attribute
should be removed or not. If at least one filter says 'remove this
atttribute', then it will not be added to the resulting entry.

For values (ie, the ACI filter), as we will proceed with some fine
granilarity (ie values), we can consider that the passed Attribute will
be cloned and modified internally, so we can fill the entry with the
correct Attribute (or the original one)

For the CollectiveAttribute attribute, the filter will require the full
entry to be able to return the added attributes, but the mechanism is a
bit different there. I was thinking that we could also get all the added
ConnectiveAttributes, and inject them in the other filters.

At this point, it's more ideas than implementation, but I definitively
see how it could work well.

Btw, some more perfs have been added into the server :

o Object scope search (lookup) : 57 191/s compared to 23 081 on the previous trunk (148% more)
o One Level scope search (5 entries returned) : 76 250 entries returned per second, compared
to 33 120/s (130% more)
o Sub Level scope search (10 entries returned ) : 77 200/s entries returned per second, compared
to 18 910/s (308% more)

The values are not any more cloned (the Value classes are immutable)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,