On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Le 4/24/12 8:06 PM, Alex Karasulu a écrit :

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Kiran Ayyagari<kayyagari@apache.org>wrote:

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>
wrote:
Le 4/24/12 4:19 PM, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>
 wrote:
3) Current Aliases index

I didn't have time to check what those index are used for, so if
someone
can
give me a quick heads up, that would save me a few days of code
diging...
this is used exactly for solving the above mentioned 'cycle detection'
problem

This was what I suspected, but how does it work ?

we lookup the target entry's ID in the alias Index, if it is present
we don't allow adding the current entry

Kiran is right. There is some documentation on this available in our site's
developer docuentation section here:

     http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/alias-and-index.html

Oooops it looks empty thought :(. Instead I have a paper I wrote on Alias
Dereferencing here on this page which you can access and download:

     http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/

Note this paper is ancient. Perhaps even from 2000. However it should be
pretty much up to date with perhaps a name change of the indices used.

Thanks a lot ! I don't think we have had a lot of modification in the alias handling those past 5 years.

I'll read this paper tomorrow.

Right now, I'm finishing the SubLevel index removal. So far, I just have issues in LdifPartion (JdbmPartition tetss are now passing).

What I did is that I have created a DescendantCursor that recursively go down the RdnIndex tree, fetching the children up to the point they have no children. It works well. For LdifPartition, it's slightly different as we have to udate the underlying AvlIndex (which works) but also update the ldif files with the minimum modifications.

Note that it's done in a branch atm.

Once this will be done, and merged back in trunk, I think we will be able to cut a release.

Sounds great. Thanks!

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex