directory-dev mailing list archives

From Garbage <garb...@gmx.de>
Subject Interceptor for searches to dynamically populate with Data ?
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:20:34 GMT
I read about the concept of interceptors but could not find the detail if they can be activated
when a search is carried out.
My intention is to collect data from multiple (non-LDAP) sources and make them accessible
via a LDAP interface. Because only a changing fraction of the data is needed every day and
I can't tell in advance which is needed I don't want to load all of the data into the LDAP.
The idea is to intercept the call for "cn=johndoe", search johns data in the mentioned sources
/ repositories and add if to the LDAP. After that the query can be carried out and the data
delivered to the client.

And here are my questions:
1) did I understand the concept of interceptors correctly ?
2) is it possible to intercept searches ?
3) does the interface for interceptors change between ApacheDS 1.5 and 2.0 ?
4) do you see any performance drawbacks in my idea ? Let's assume the retrieval from the sources
takes 0 ms, will I experience a delay between importing the data and the point in time when
it is retrievable from the LDAP ? Or will it perhaps not be available because of update /
caching effects ?

Thanks for your input.