directory-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo Sotelo <juan0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Trigger in ApacheDS in order to synchronize with a Oracle DB.
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:30:03 GMT
Hello everyone, I need to know about triggers and SPs in ApacheDS in order
to implement this features at work. I need them in order to create a
trigger in order to synchronize
a table that we have in an Oracle DB. I already created a trigger in the
other way (Oracle to ldap) But I need two ways.

After reading all the documentation that I found on internet I still have
doubts about this features.

1- It is a posibility to write an interceptor in order to intercept the add
call (or DELETE OR MODIFY) and trigger an action in java?
2- In order to add/install our new interceptor:
    a- Build the interceptor and generate a new jar.
    b- Copy the jar file to APACHEDS_INSTALLDIR/lib/ext
    c- ADd the interceptor to the server.xml file in
APACHEDS_INSTALLDIR/conf/, fin the xml elements which list the
interceptors. The easiest way to add a custom interceptor
    is to add a Spring bean (namespace "s"). You may set configuration
properties to the interceptros as well, if it supports some.
    <interceptors>
    <normalizationInterceptor/>
    <s:bean
class="org.apache.directory.samples.interceptor.pwdhash.PasswordHashInterceptor">
    <s:property name="hashAlgorithm" value="MD5" />
    </s:bean>
    <authenticationInterceptor/>
    <referralInterceptor/>
    <aciAuthorizationInterceptor/>
    <defaultAuthorizationInterceptor/>
    <exceptionInterceptor/>
    <operationalAttributeInterceptor/>
    </interceptors>

3- In the documentation (ApacheDS Advanced User Guide v1.5.8-SNAPSHOT) I
read information about triggers and store procedures. The information is
incomplete, and I didnt
understand well how to implement the triggers.

In one part of the trigger section I found this:

AFTER ADD CALL "Logger.logAddOperation"
($entry,$attributes,$operationPrincipal);

or

AFTER Delete CALL “com.example.ldap.util.sp.BackupTools:backupDeletedEntry”
( $ldapContext “ou=backup,ou=system”, $name, $deletedEntry );

    a- Where I should add the line in order to create the trigger? DO I
have to add that line in one attribute? Which one and how?
    b- Do I have to follow same steps like to build an interceptor in order
to build the trigger?
    c- Same with SPs?
4- Can you provide me a full detail document about triggeres or SPs (maybe
an example or tutorial with the implementation). Perhaps new documentation.
I know that there is a new version of APacheDS, but I couldnt find
documentation for this version. In fact the documentation in the Apache
page is not complete. So this is why I came to you guys:)

5- While searching I found this two messages in (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-users/201202.mbox/%3CCADwPi+HseKESYBhfJim1crHdsOxOv=PQzJ9eHO8h2VwYcLe33w@mail.gmail.com%3E
)
    a- " You also write that stored procedures are currently highly
experimental.
    Does it mean that the code is partly there, but is not used? Are
stored
    procedures not implemented, yet, or is there another api that I can
use?
    Thanks"

    b- "SPs were in fact working a while back but heavy refactoring and
changes in
    the server broke the code. Before going forward on this feature we're
    trying to erect a MVCC layer to handle internal local transactions
properly
    to maintain consistency and isolation across the changes induced by the
    action of a SP. Furthermore we're redesigning the server to leverage
OSGi
    for plugability and this is will obviously impact how SPs are deployed.
    These changes will take some time but it will be operational in a more
    robust, easy to use and dependable wail."

  After reading this I have this doubt "SPs and Triggers are currently
working or supported? or is going to be a feature in the next versions?
What about ApacheDS 1.57
(this is the version that I am using.)??"

6- Do you know a better way to synchronize LDAP with an Orable DB in
ApacheDS?.

7- I know you told me that I should use persistent search to get the
notifications, but as my point of view this will be an external solution,
am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for your time

--
Sotelo Juan Pablo