directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1330754 [1/3] - in /directory/apacheds/branches/index-work: core-constants/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/constants/ jdbm-partition/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl/btree/jdbm/ ldif-partition/s
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:33:06 GMT
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:22 PM, <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: elecharny
> Date: Thu Apr 26 10:22:13 2012
> New Revision: 1330754

> o Changed the IndexEntry interface to reflect the nature of the stored
> elements : namely, a key and an ID. The getValue/setValue have been renamed
> getKey/setKey

There was a big reason why this was getValue/setValue as opposed to
getKey/setKey. You sure this was a good decision to change this?

I must admit I don't immediately remember what that reason was but I too
wanted to change it to getKey/setKey but I resisted that when I had more
information available to me. At this point I don't remember it fully but
know it happens to do with directionality when using reverse or direct
btrees in the index.

Regards,
Alex