directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions regarding Aliases
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:06:48 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Le 4/24/12 4:19 PM, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :

> someone
> diging...
> >>>
> >> this is used exactly for solving the above mentioned 'cycle detection'
> >> problem
> >

> > This was what I suspected, but how does it work ?
> >
> we lookup the target entry's ID in the alias Index, if it is present
> we don't allow adding the current entry

Kiran is right. There is some documentation on this available in our site's
developer docuentation section here:

     http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/alias-and-index.html

Oooops it looks empty thought :(. Instead I have a paper I wrote on Alias
Dereferencing here on this page which you can access and download:

     http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/

Note this paper is ancient. Perhaps even from 2000. However it should be
pretty much up to date with perhaps a name change of the indices used.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex