directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <>
Subject Question about JDBM key/value replacement
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:52:59 GMT
Hi guys,

currently, we can replace an existing value when its associated key
exists in the BTree. What I'd like to do is to replace both key and
value in this case.

The rational is that the key mau contain some extra information that are
not used to find the key, like the nbChildren/nbDescendant for a
ParentIdAndrdn key in the RdnIndex.

Is there an easy way to do that with JDBM, or should we extend the API
it offers ?

That would save us a lot of CPU, as we currently have to drop the key
and values and reinject them, which is an costly operation...

Ideas ?

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message