directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions regarding Aliases
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:54:44 GMT
Le 4/24/12 8:06 PM, Alex Karasulu a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Kiran Ayyagari<kayyagari@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> someone
>> diging...
>>>
>>> This was what I suspected, but how does it work ?
>>>
>> we lookup the target entry's ID in the alias Index, if it is present
>> we don't allow adding the current entry
>
> Kiran is right. There is some documentation on this available in our site's
> developer docuentation section here:
>
>       http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/alias-and-index.html
>
> Oooops it looks empty thought :(. Instead I have a paper I wrote on Alias
> Dereferencing here on this page which you can access and download:
>
>       http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/
>
> Note this paper is ancient. Perhaps even from 2000. However it should be
> pretty much up to date with perhaps a name change of the indices used.

Thanks a lot ! I don't think we have had a lot of modification in the
alias handling those past 5 years.

I'll read this paper tomorrow.

Right now, I'm finishing the SubLevel index removal. So far, I just have
issues in LdifPartion (JdbmPartition tetss are now passing).

What I did is that I have created a DescendantCursor that recursively go
down the RdnIndex tree, fetching the children up to the point they have
no children. It works well. For LdifPartition, it's slightly different
as we have to udate the underlying AvlIndex (which works) but also
update the ldif files with the minimum modifications.

Note that it's done in a branch atm.

Once this will be done, and merged back in trunk, I think we will be
able to cut a release.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,