directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Index] OneLevel index removal, performances
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:55:45 GMT
Hi guys,

Kiran and I conducted some quick performance tests to compare the
numbers we get with the server with no OneLevel index compared to the
trunk before the merge. It's quite interesting :

Operation (before/after) per second

Add : 222/264 (me) 649/746 (Kiran)
Delete : 156/191 (me) 442/544 (Kiran)
Search : 5215/5214 (me) 19932/20335 (Kiran)
Move : 308/303 (me)
Rename : 380/392 (me)
MoveAndRename : 204/275 (me)

My machine is an old Linux computer with an old CPU, Kiran has a quad
core recent computer.

The modifications are now around 20% faster (add/delete). The Move
operation has been deeply modified and is not optimal in the new
operation. We can most certainly improve it.

The very nice point is that searches are not slowed down by the removal
of the index.

Let's expect that the subLevelIndex removal will carry some new perf
improvements !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,