On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
Selcuk,

   I have seen you asking several times on this list for reverting commits,
   this seems to be a bit derogatory in OSS spirit and team work.

It can certainly be misinterpreted this way. I think we just need more communication about why one may need a revert.

Revert requests are OK. There's nothing wrong with that and any committer can veto a change but they just need to provide reasons. I think we just need to help people understand this.

Selcuk I'm sure meant no harm and can provide more reasoning.

   Go ahead and make your changes on top of these if you wish to apply
   your fix, commits need not be reverted for this.

That's also another option but let's just communicate about whatever difficulties or problems a commit might introduce. If someone is having problems as a result of commits let's get those reasons out there on the list.

I have a feeling the code is starting to move before some of the work can be finished on it and that might produce discomfort. But we're not mind readers so we need to communicate this.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex