directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index cleanup and improvements
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 01:44:54 GMT
Le 3/21/12 2:04 AM, Alex Karasulu a écrit :
> Hi Emm,
>
> Man I really think you're playing with fire here. At least please work in a
> branch in case something goes wrong. These are not simple changes. I don't
> think you can presently remove the reverse index but who knows I might be
> wrong. I remember you tried this before and decided it was not a good idea
> or something.
I have not yet removed anything. And I'm not sure I will do it any time
soon. I just exposed some of the ideas around the index.

> Plus this is going to big time effect Selcuk on a merge. Can we at least
> hold off on this stuff or work a little more incrementally?
Don't worry. I periodically merge trunks into selcuk's branch, to be
sure the branch is not lagging too much. I merged it just before my
vacations, two weeks ago, and since then, there was not too many changes.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,