directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:37:41 GMT
Hi guys,

today, I removed the GenericIndex class, which was used only to create
the index from the configuration. I just delegated the creation to the
XXXPartition classes, using an abstract method (createSystemIndex) in
the AbstractBtreePartition class. it works well. Now, i'm trying to get
rid of all the normalization done in the index implementation : we
should *never* normalize there, all the values should already have been
normalized before (this will save some extra time).

The next step would probably be to get rid of the reverse index from
almost all the index but the Rdn index (where it's mandatory). That
means we will have to reorganize the index content, moving the reverse
table to the RdnIndex (for both the Avl and Jdbm indexes). I'm not sure
I'll work on that right now.

Two more things :
- it could be a good idea to add a system index for AttributeType, it
could help us to know which entries will be impacted if we remove an AT
- we should get rid of the oneLevel and subLevel index, and using the
Rdn index instead. Stefan has already successfully removed them for the
Hbase partition, there is no reason we should not get rid of them for
the Jdbm and Avl partitions too.

All in all, removal of those 2 indexes, plus removal of the reverse
index, plus removal of the spurious normalization could give us better
performances for the modifications operations.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,