directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DIRSERVER-1663 status with txn branch
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 07:47:00 GMT
Le 3/2/12 4:02 AM, Selcuk AYA a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Alex Karasulu<akarasulu@apache.org>  wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I just tested the txn branch agaist the small concurrent access test I
>>> created last september : it seems that with teh fixes Selcuk has injected
>>> ino the code, we don't have any more issue !
>>>
>>> This is a fantastic news !
>>>
>> Yeah nice work guys.
>>
>>> Now, that raise a question : should we merge immediately the branch into
>>> the trunk, or should we finish the ongoing work in the branch ?
>>>
>> It's up to you guys. Might introduce instability but that might make it
>> easier to solidify rapidly and not have to deal with merging.
>>
> I think we should wait until write commit conflict and logical caches
> are handled.

Ok, your call.

We are not in a hurry.

FYI, I conducted some more tests yesterday, and I was *very* pleased by
the performances. I did a concurrent search with many threads on my
laptop, and was able to get more than 4500 search/s, which is not bad
considering that I ran the tester on the same machine. I'm tlking about
millions search here, as I ran the test for 20 minutes.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,