On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
On 2/6/12 4:11 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
I believe we need this list only in the case where no schema is loaded on the connection, right?

Sadly, no. For servers that don't expose the information about the non human readable Syntax, we have to provide it. We use a X-IS-HUMAN-READABLE information in out LdapSyntax elements in ApacheDS, other servers don't.

Or, do you want to also use this list in addition to an already loaded schema?

Yes, if needed (ie, if we can't build it from the schemas we load)

Cant we just keep this information in a constants file and make sure the constants are accessible to the API code? Users should be allowed to override and add more settings at runtime so more attributes can be tweaked?

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex