On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2/3/12 11:09 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM,<elecharny@apache.org>  wrote:

Author: elecharny
Date: Thu Feb  2 22:59:08 2012
New Revision: 1239907

Log:
Fix DIRAPI-76 : new Rdn( "A=a,B=b" ) now throws an LdapInvalidDnException

Should the exception not be ... LdapInvalidNameComponent (we can create one
if it does not exist).

Reason I say this is that the whole issue with the non-intuitive
constructor was that the API user was thinking the argument can be a
multi-component relative distinguished name or a DN. LdapInvalidDnException
might not fit here and it might make the user think they have to use a DN
rather than a single name component.

WDYT?

Rahhh... Not such an easy move. In many many places, we are expecting a LdapInvalidDnException. Rdn is considered as a Dn with one single Rdn in most of the code.

Question : would it worth the effort to change every part of the code when we can simply improve the message contained in the exception ?

Never thought it would be this bloody hard. Leave it as is then and just improve the message contained in the exception.  This is my 2 cents.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex