Hi Pierre,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
Hi Alex,

The last time I tried it was in August 2010.

By stripping down a few features here and there, I was able to run the LDAP Browser as a web app.

AFAIR, the features I removed were mostly very high level features like code proposals, field completion, etc. All these things were not available in the RAP runtime at the time.

Here are a few screenshots from the last experiment:
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/Studio_in_RAP/

No matter how many times I see this it's like the first time. You know when you see a jet plane pass close overhead, no matter how many times you see it you're like WOW!

We could probably build a smaller version of Studio quite easily in matter of a few days (without the features that are not available in RAP).
The difficulty would be find a way to have both versions (RCP and RAP) to rely on a same shared code base, without having a different branch for each version (which would force us to port any change on a branch to the other).
This would require an initial heavy refactoring.

I guess there's no way to conditionally enable/disable these features based on the target environment we intend to deploy to?

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex