directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1239907 - in /directory/shared/trunk/ldap/model/src: main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/name/Rdn.java test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/name/RdnTest.java
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 22:09:01 GMT
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM, <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: elecharny
> Date: Thu Feb  2 22:59:08 2012
> New Revision: 1239907

> Log:
> Fix DIRAPI-76 : new Rdn( "A=a,B=b" ) now throws an LdapInvalidDnException

Should the exception not be ... LdapInvalidNameComponent (we can create one
if it does not exist).

Reason I say this is that the whole issue with the non-intuitive
constructor was that the API user was thinking the argument can be a
multi-component relative distinguished name or a DN. LdapInvalidDnException
might not fit here and it might make the user think they have to use a DN
rather than a single name component.

WDYT?

--
Best Regards,