directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: ParentIdAndRdn compareTo() method issue
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:30:04 GMT
On 24 févr. 2012, at 08:06, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as im trying to fix an issue (searching for an entry which has a composite RDN), I'm
facing issues with the ParentIdAndRdn.compareTo() method.

> This method is doing a String comparison between RDNs, which is obvioulsy not enough.
>
> Let's consider the following example :
> you have an entry with a DN cn=Doe+gn=John,ou=system.
>
> If we do a search with gn=John+cn=Joe,ou=system, we won't be able to find the entry,
because the RDN won't be equal as String. We must compare the RDN using an internal AVA comparison.

I guess the search would be something more like this: (&(gn=John)(cn=Doe)). Right?
But I understand the issue here.

> I have started to modify the ParentIdAndRdncompareTo() method and added the Ava.compareTo()
method, but this is not an obvious change and it impacts everything.

> I would suggest we release the server as is, and I will commit the fix when it's ready,
in the next version, as t's not really a big issue.

+1

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud