directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <>
Subject ParentIdAndRdn comparison method
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 15:25:13 GMT
Hi guys,

the ParentIdAndRdn class is using a compareTo() method which check the
nrmalized string of Rdns. This is not good, as a Rdn may be composed of
more than one Ava.

I have rewritten this method to be able to compare RDN like
cn=Doe+gn=John with RDN like gn=John+cn=Doe. It works.

Now, I wonder if it would not be a better idea to still use a String
comparison, but on a Rdn having an ordered set of Ava (ie, in the
previous example, as cn= and gn=, we will always have a
normalized String RDN looking like "", allowing
fast comparisons.

wdyt ?

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message