directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject ParentIdAndRdn compareTo() method issue
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:06:01 GMT
Hi,

as im trying to fix an issue (searching for an entry which has a
composite RDN), I'm facing issues with the ParentIdAndRdn.compareTo()
method.

This method is doing a String comparison between RDNs, which is
obvioulsy not enough.

Let's consider the following example :
you have an entry with a DN cn=Doe+gn=John,ou=system.

If we do a search with gn=John+cn=Joe,ou=system, we won't be able to
find the entry, because the RDN won't be equal as String. We must
compare the RDN using an internal AVA comparison.

I have started to modify the ParentIdAndRdncompareTo() method and added
the Ava.compareTo() method, but this is not an obvious change and it
impacts everything.

I would suggest we release the server as is, and I will commit the fix
when it's ready, in the next version, as t's not really a big issue.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,