directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Renaming the NetworkSchemaLoader
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:35:26 GMT
Hi,

i'd like to rename the NetworkSchemaLoader to something like
AdsSchemaLoader, as it's really dedicated to our own server (it reads
the LDIF files from the schema partition in ou=schema).

Now that the SsseSchemaLoader is working, we can access the schema from
ADS in two ways :
- reading it from cn=schema (SsseSchemaLoader)
- reading it from ou=schema (AdsSchemaLoader)

For all the other servers, the way to go is to use the SsseSchemaLoader.

It may also be a good idea to rename the SsseSchemaLoader to something
more user friendly, like ServerSchemaLoader, to reflect what it does :

Wdyt ?

Note : We have now 6 implementations of the SchemaLoader interface :
- JarLdifSchemaLoader, loading the schemas from a jar containing our
(ADS) schemas
- LdifSchemaLoader, loading the schemas from a hierarchy of LDIF files
(still in ADS format)
- SingleLdifSchemaLoader, loading the schema from one big ldif file (ADS
format)
- SchemaEditorSchemaLoader, loading the schemas from files in XML or
OpenLDAP format (used by Studio)
- SsseSchemaLoader, loading the schema from a connected LDAP server,
using the rootDSE subschemaSubentry attribute as a starting point
- NetworkSchemaLoader, loading the schemas from ou=config in ADS.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,