directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Renaming the NetworkSchemaLoader
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:35:26 GMT

i'd like to rename the NetworkSchemaLoader to something like
AdsSchemaLoader, as it's really dedicated to our own server (it reads
the LDIF files from the schema partition in ou=schema).

Now that the SsseSchemaLoader is working, we can access the schema from
ADS in two ways :
- reading it from cn=schema (SsseSchemaLoader)
- reading it from ou=schema (AdsSchemaLoader)

For all the other servers, the way to go is to use the SsseSchemaLoader.

It may also be a good idea to rename the SsseSchemaLoader to something
more user friendly, like ServerSchemaLoader, to reflect what it does :

Wdyt ?

Note : We have now 6 implementations of the SchemaLoader interface :
- JarLdifSchemaLoader, loading the schemas from a jar containing our
(ADS) schemas
- LdifSchemaLoader, loading the schemas from a hierarchy of LDIF files
(still in ADS format)
- SingleLdifSchemaLoader, loading the schema from one big ldif file (ADS
- SchemaEditorSchemaLoader, loading the schemas from files in XML or
OpenLDAP format (used by Studio)
- SsseSchemaLoader, loading the schema from a connected LDAP server,
using the rootDSE subschemaSubentry attribute as a starting point
- NetworkSchemaLoader, loading the schemas from ou=config in ADS.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message