directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1239907 - in /directory/shared/trunk/ldap/model/src: main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/name/Rdn.java test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/name/RdnTest.java
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 00:47:30 GMT
On 2/3/12 11:09 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM,<elecharny@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Author: elecharny
>> Date: Thu Feb  2 22:59:08 2012
>> New Revision: 1239907

>> Log:
>> Fix DIRAPI-76 : new Rdn( "A=a,B=b" ) now throws an LdapInvalidDnException
>>

> Should the exception not be ... LdapInvalidNameComponent (we can create one
> if it does not exist).
Or LdapInvalidRdnException. Yes.

> Reason I say this is that the whole issue with the non-intuitive
> constructor was that the API user was thinking the argument can be a
> multi-component relative distinguished name or a DN. LdapInvalidDnException
> might not fit here and it might make the user think they have to use a DN
> rather than a single name component.
>
> WDYT?
I totally agree. The LdapInvalidDnException was picked to have a quick
fix for this issue. I was overloaded with many other issues related to
the change made in the Rdn constructor fix :
- DSML parser was not anymore working (a bug in the DSML xml files)
- some question raised about the ParentIdAnRdn to be double checked (do
we support a multiple AVA in a NamingContext, or not)

I'll add the exception.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,