On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Göktürk Gezer <gokturk@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I finally completed component-hub. It's core functionality is implemented with the latest commits.

Superb!

SNIP ...

It's only lacking HouseKeeping process for now, has all the facilities to implement it though. All we have to do is chose a good housekeeping schema:

I was thinking a schema that component-hub may delete all the entries in config and schema partitions belonging to a component who is never been online for 3 ApacheDS session. So if some test component is installed into ApacheDS and then deleted. ApacheDS will keep its schema and config entries for 3 server session, and then delete it. I'd like to hear more from you on that...

Hmmm not understanding what it is you clearly need. Can you in a separate thread specify the problem, goal and why we're doing this. I think it has to do with record or schema retention for new components right?

So as i wrote in my first mails when i started component-hub, it would be more and more easy now to make any part of ApacheDS extensible.

After finishing my reviews on component-hub I will go on by writing HubClients for three main extension points:  Interceptors, Partitions and DirectoryBackedServers. And then making them work together in the server startup by using OSGI events.

Great thanks for the updated status.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex