directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject How Authenticators and PasswordPolicies will be managed in new component design.
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:35:22 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I'm moving through Interceptors to tie them to our new component system. As
you might guess AuthenticationInterceptor needs some special care. Right
now, Authenticators and PasswordPolicies are defined as entries under
AuthenticationInterceptor's entry on DIT. I must say this is not so easy to
enforce in new system. To make it work that way in component-hub, i have to
do lots of modifications under many subsystems of component-hub, which is
not many of us want i guess.

What i suggest is, introducing Authenticators and PasswordPolicies as new
extension points to ApacheDS. Authenticators and PasswordPolicies will have
their own component group under "ou=config". Then we hook them up with the
AuthenticationInterceptor's instance in runtime, as they are appeared in
OSGI container. If we do that "ou=config" will look like:

- ou=config
--- ou=interceptors
--- ou=partitions
--- ou=servers
--- ou=authenticators
--- ou=passwordpolicies

But i don't fully know Authenticators' and PasswordPolicies' nature in
ApacheDS world. If we don't want them to be extensible but configurable
under DIT, then we must find them some other place in DIT. Lets talk about
it...

Regards,
Gokturk