directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <gokt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: osgi-branch ( status update )
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:27:48 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Göktürk Gezer <gokturk@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I finally completed component-hub. It's core functionality is implemented
>> with the latest commits.
>>

> Superb!
>
> SNIP ...
>

>> It's only lacking HouseKeeping process for now, has all the facilities to
>> implement it though. All we have to do is chose a good housekeeping schema:
>>
>> I was thinking a schema that component-hub may delete all the entries in
>> config and schema partitions belonging to a component who is never been
>> online for 3 ApacheDS session. So if some test component is installed into
>> ApacheDS and then deleted. ApacheDS will keep its schema and config entries
>> for 3 server session, and then delete it. I'd like to hear more from you on
>> that...
>>

> Hmmm not understanding what it is you clearly need. Can you in a separate
> thread specify the problem, goal and why we're doing this. I think it has
> to do with record or schema retention for new components right?

Of course, i will open a separate thread for this and all the HubListeners.
HouseKeeping is what you think it is. But it's not primary objective right
now. We'll bring the server online in OSGI as a first step and then it can
be discussed along with bunch of similar topics those are about performance
and DIT structure.