directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <gokt...@apache.org>
Subject osgi-branch ( status update )
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 02:55:19 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I finally completed component-hub. It's core functionality is implemented
with the latest commits.

Now it can be used to :
* listen for annotated component's of any
type,(Interceptors,Partitions,DirectoryBackedServers for now...)
* create, cache and reconfigure instances of installed components
* Register HubListener to be notified of certain component type's
components as ADSComponent.
(you can look into previous mails with Pierre on 'OSGI status' for detailed
explanation of these systems.)

It's only lacking HouseKeeping process for now, has all the facilities to
implement it though. All we have to do is chose a good housekeeping schema:

I was thinking a schema that component-hub may delete all the entries in
config and schema partitions belonging to a component who is never been
online for 3 ApacheDS session. So if some test component is installed into
ApacheDS and then deleted. ApacheDS will keep its schema and config entries
for 3 server session, and then delete it. I'd like to hear more from you on
that...

So as i wrote in my first mails when i started component-hub, it would be
more and more easy now to make any part of ApacheDS extensible.

After finishing my reviews on component-hub I will go on by writing
HubClients for three main extension points:  Interceptors, Partitions and
DirectoryBackedServers. And then making them work together in the server
startup by using OSGI events.

More to come...

Regards,
Göktürk