directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving DIRSHARED into DIRAPI, take 2
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:25:25 GMT
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>wrote:

> On 24 janv. 2012, at 14:33, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > last summer, a [VOTE] has been started about merging DIRShARED with
> DIRAPI. We have had 5 +1 votes for it, but the operation was not done,
> because we didn't decide if API should be moved to SHARED or the opposite.

I have just the opposite view. DIRAPI should be merged into DIRSHARED but
for now I suggest a hold. These are really trivial matters and we should
not be inducing unnecessary turnover without a significant gain when we
have two big branches of critical importance in motion.

Can we just lay this to rest until mid-year this year and then have a full
discussion about it? I want these branches merged (key here is easily) and
a solid release with OSGi and TxN integrity.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex