directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange issues with shared-all source jar generation...
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 14:18:56 GMT
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> yesterday we spent a couple of hours with Pierre-Arnaud trying to
> determinate why the shared-all compilation was failing on linux. After tens
> of different tests, we found that :
> - building shared-all on Mac OSX, with maven 3.0.3 and Java 6 works fine
> - building shared-all on Ubuntu 11.10 with maven 3.0.3 and Java 6
> generates an empty source jar
> - building shared-all on Ubuntu 11.10 with maven 3.0.3 and Java 7 produces
> an error
>
> I created a JIRA for that : http://jira.codehaus.org/**browse/MSHADE-108<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHADE-108>
>
> It's really really strange. I guess that there is an error in the way the
> shade plugin is working and it may be related with the fact that Mac OSX is
> based on a case insensitive file system, or something like that.

FYI I found this bug too. I found that if shared is cleaned before the
build then everything proceeds well. Like before doing the mvn install just
do an mvn clean in shared first. Then the entire build works fine.
Something is left that makes the Shade plugin fail exactly for some of the
reasons you suspect (I suspect as well).

Best Regards,
-- Alex