directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Moving DIRSHARED into DIRAPI, take 2
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:39:21 GMT
On 24 janv. 2012, at 17:25, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> On 24 janv. 2012, at 14:33, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > last summer, a [VOTE] has been started about merging DIRShARED with DIRAPI. We have
had 5 +1 votes for it, but the operation was not done, because we didn't decide if API should
be moved to SHARED or the opposite.

> I have just the opposite view. DIRAPI should be merged into DIRSHARED but for now I suggest
a hold. These are really trivial matters and we should not be inducing unnecessary turnover
without a significant gain when we have two big branches of critical importance in motion.

In that case, let's destroy DIRAPI.
I'd rather have a single project in JIRA than maintaining the two projects like we've been
doing for the last months.
With all the past and future milestones of Shared/API, I'm fed up of maintaining versioning
and issues in parallel on these two projects after each release.

In the end, I don't really care about the name (even if DIRAPI made more sense to me), I just
want less repetitive administrative tasks slowing us for nothing… :(

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> Can we just lay this to rest until mid-year this year and then have a full discussion
about it? I want these branches merged (key here is easily) and a solid release with OSGi
and TxN integrity.