directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: osgi-branch ( status update )
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:21:42 GMT
On 9 janv. 2012, at 03:55, Göktürk Gezer wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I finally completed component-hub. It's core functionality is implemented with the latest
commits.

> Now it can be used to :
> * listen for annotated component's of any type,(Interceptors,Partitions,DirectoryBackedServers
for now...)
> * create, cache and reconfigure instances of installed components
> * Register HubListener to be notified of certain component type's components as ADSComponent.
> (you can look into previous mails with Pierre on 'OSGI status' for detailed explanation
of these systems.)

That's great Göktürk!

I'm currently busy with the release of the first milestone for Studio 2.0, but as soon as
I'm done with this I will definitely have a look at the OSGI branch and your latest commits.

> It's only lacking HouseKeeping process for now, has all the facilities to implement it
though. All we have to do is chose a good housekeeping schema:

> I was thinking a schema that component-hub may delete all the entries in config and schema
partitions belonging to a component who is never been online for 3 ApacheDS session. So if
some test component is installed into ApacheDS and then deleted. ApacheDS will keep its schema
and config entries for 3 server session, and then delete it. I'd like to hear more from you
on that…

Like Alex, I'm having trouble following you here.

What's an ApacheDS session exactly? Where does it happen? How long does a session last?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> So as i wrote in my first mails when i started component-hub, it would be more and more
easy now to make any part of ApacheDS extensible.

> After finishing my reviews on component-hub I will go on by writing HubClients for three
main extension points:  Interceptors, Partitions and DirectoryBackedServers. And then making
them work together in the server startup by using OSGI events.