directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange issues with shared-all source jar generation...
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 08:22:54 GMT
Hi guys,

yesterday we spent a couple of hours with Pierre-Arnaud trying to
determinate why the shared-all compilation was failing on linux. After
tens of different tests, we found that :
- building shared-all on Mac OSX, with maven 3.0.3 and Java 6 works fine
- building shared-all on Ubuntu 11.10 with maven 3.0.3 and Java 6
generates an empty source jar
- building shared-all on Ubuntu 11.10 with maven 3.0.3 and Java 7
produces an error

I created a JIRA for that : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHADE-108

It's really really strange. I guess that there is an error in the way
the shade plugin is working and it may be related with the fact that Mac
OSX is based on a case insensitive file system, or something like that.

I don't have a lot of time to investigate more right now, so I'll wait
for some feedback from the guys who are working on the shade plugin.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,