On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
Hi Alex,

I just discussed this with Emmanuel, and like you, I think the transaction does not belong in shared.
It's really meant to be placed between the piece of code which captures LDAP requests on the server and the various partition back-end implementations.

Glad you both feel this way.
I haven't looked at the code closely, but I think a simple class extending our cursor implementation in shared, with the close() method overridden, should probably do the trick.
This would leave most of the cursor behavior implementation in shared where we need "basic" cursor, while letting us do additional stuff on the server side by overriding methods and calling super.methodName() to inherit the default behavior.

Sure this is yet another simpler way to do it. However it's done we can give it a try and see how well it holds.