directory-dev mailing list archives

From Selcuk AYA <ayasel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving txns boundaries to CoreSession : may be not the best solution
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 06:52:54 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing some interesting issue : while trying to add txns to the Bind
> operation, I realized that we don't have such a method in CoreSession : it's
> only present in the OperationManager class.
>
> At this point, I do think that tcns should be handled at this level, not at
> the CoreSession level (anyway, there is a one to one relation between
> CoreSession and OperationManager).

It is not essential to put the txn boundaries to CoreSession. You can
definitely put them to OperationManager. The only reason I suggested
CoreSession was there are may tests which call CoreSession interface
directly to execute operations. If you do not put the boudaries to
CoreSession, you will need to put txn boundaries to every place that
callss CoreSession directly.

> I'll let you know what it heads to...
>
> --
> Regards,