directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <gokt...@apache.org>
Subject Back from exams...
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:09:29 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I stretched my MIA period for a week, due to some reports and presentations
i had to do. Now i'm back on work again.

Component-Hub work is going on schedule. I've found some spare time to work
on it. Almost all subsystems of it are implemented, just InstanceManager is
left for run-time reconfiguration. We can speed up the OSGIfication process
at new year.

To briefly mention the remaining tasks on OSGIfication:

* Finishing the Component-Hub implementation
* Creating new module for replacing the service-osgi. Service-osgi was just
for testing, now we'll implement more robust osgi launcher for ApacheDS
which takes OSGI events into an account for fine tuning the server startup.
The new launcher will also use new concept called HubClients to manage
installed components by their type(HubClient for Interceptors, for
Partitions,....)
* Creating new module for Custom Karaf Deployment.
* Test,Test,Test...

That's it for now, more to come...

Happy New Year to Y'all !

Cheers,