directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Txn heads up
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 07:25:04 GMT
I'm trying to balance two different concerns with the activity I am seeing
in the TXN branch. First I know we need to move forward on this matter and
second I know Selcuk will be trying to work although with less time on this
while dealing with a relocation and we're altering much of it: the moving
target problem. Then again having more people capable of working in this
region is a big plus. Let's just make sure that the changes are really
necessary instead of just moving code around. That way we can make it
easier for Selcuk to get back into the code when he has time.

I know that none of us would make changes just to make a change. But here
if you can just give some extra effort and consideration before making an
alteration so we can keep it as familiar to Selcuk as possible when he gets
back. Of course on the other hand if we have to advance and the change is
critical then we must change it.

Thanks,
Alex

--