directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Accessing SchemaPartition and SingleFileLdifPartition directly
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:11:26 GMT
Hi guys,

On 5 déc. 2011, at 10:00, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 12/4/11 8:23 PM, Göktürk Gezer wrote:
>> BTW,
>>
>> If passing null as CoreSession is ok on AbstractBTreePartition(Schema and
>> Config Partitions.) operations, i might use some pointers about how to use
>> them best.
>>
>> Pointers on SearchEngine usage could save me lots of hours also.
>
> From the top of my head, you need a CoreSession because you need a reference on the SchemaManager
which is hold by the Session (in fact, we use an OperationContext, which contains a Session).

I personally use a SearchOperationContext with a null core session in the PartitionsDiffComputer
class (which computes the differences between two partition) in the ApacheDS v2 Configuration
Editor plugin where I read the configuration partition (extracted from the LDIF files).
It works great. Without any issue.

The SchemaManager is actually tied to the Partition itself (and not the OperationContext or
Session). So it should not be an issue.

As a matter of fact, I really believe that it should always be allowed to do any kind of operation
with any session.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> The Partition will manipulate indexes, and for that, we need the SchemaManager, as it
is the only place we have information about AttributeType names and OIDs, as Index are referring
AT names or OID.